There are few things as comforting (in my opinion) than a nice big helping of home cooked Swedish Meatballs! It is amazingly easy to make the rich, creamy gravy, and even easier to eat! This is one winter warmer recipe you will want to try!
To save time, I use pre-rolled meat balls from Cool Meat Direct, so I can easily make this on a weeknight with minimal fuss!
1kg Cool Meat Direct beef meat balls
2 tbs olive oil
¼ cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup plain flour
4 cups beef broth
¾ cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. I start off by adding the olive oil to a hot pan and starting to fry the meat balls.
2. While the meat balls are cooking, in a separate pot, I prepare the delicious gravy! Melt the butter in a pot on medium heat.
3. Add the flour and stir to combine, cooking for about 1 minute.
4. Gradually add the beef broth and whisk to combine. Cook for 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
5. Stir in the sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. When the meat balls have finished cooking, add them to your gravy pot and stir them in.
7. Serve over mashed potato (my personal favourite), or with pasta!
And that’s it! A creamy, delicious dinner to warm your belly!
Don’t forget that you can find a simplified recipe on our HomeFresh Organics website.