SWEET POTATO TOTS
Take a break from the good old classic sweet potato fries & try out some tots instead. This is my healthy spin on potato tots. Packed full of fibre & vitamins!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites
- Cooking spray
Jalapeño Garlic Ranch Sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork several times. Bake sweet potatoes on baking sheet lined with foil until soft, about 45-55 minutes. Let cool.
- Remove skin from sweet potatoes and combine flesh with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let the mixture sit in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine almond meal, panko, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. In a separate bowl, crack egg whites.
5. Roll about 1 tablespoon sweet potato mixture into a tot shape, douse in egg white mixture, and roll in breading mixture. Place on an oiled baking.
6. Once all tots are on baking sheet, spray tots with cooking spray in order to achieve even browning.
7. Bake at 200 degrees for 45 minutes or until they've reached crispiness, flipping tots halfway through.
8. For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a food processor. Serve immediately.
You can find this recipe & shop all the ingredients at our online store! Simply click the link below! http://www.homefreshorganics.com.au/Recipe/recipe.aspx?code=1046