2017 Christmas Hacks
If you’re like me, then you’ll be looking forward to the Christmas season, but not the unhealthy eating and drinking culture that comes with it…
Here are 5 options you can choose this silly season to prevent the over eating, drinking and indulging you’ll most likely be faced with:
1. Instead of alcohol, try sparkling mineral water with 2 drops of orange essential oil and a drop of liquid stevia. It’s bubbly and delicious and will make you feel included in the alcoholic binge. You can also get your hands on some non-alcoholic, probiotic ‘cider’ and ‘beer’ flavored kombucha that taste great and are good for your health!
2. Steer clear of processed meats. They are full of who knows what, including preservatives and chemicals that are not naturally found in fresh meat. Some of these are cancer causing, no one wants to encourage that at Christmas…
3. Make your own raw deserts. Quite often these are really rich and you won’t need to eat as much (WIN!). And let’s be honest, they are a little less naughty than grandma’s trifle!
4. After stuffing your face, instead of having a lazy nap, get in the back yard and play some cricket. There’s nothing more Aussie than back yard cricket. Being upright and moving around will help you digest your food and not feel so heavy and food comatose.
5. Do something nice for someone else, or someone less fortunate than yourself… Giving and serving others has a magical way of making us feel good, so sprinkle kindness everywhere!
I hope these tips can help you make it through the Christmas feast relatively unscathed. Merry Christmas everyone!
If you would like to know more, or want to book a consultation with a naturopath, you can contact me at Market Organics or one of our naturopaths at your closest Market Organics store. Alternatively, you can request an appointment by clicking here and filling out our easy to use online booking forms.